We’re on the hunt for new Digital Designer: a visual thinker with a conceptual creative mind who’s constantly searching for new ideas, has a strong grasp of typography and grid structure, and a knack for composition and the technical proficiency to execute it all on your own (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Sketch, a Cannon, etc…).
Vertbag designers are passionate about making cool sh!# that solves problems. We are nimble and independent, not stymied by the daily reality we often have to research the solution for ourselves.
Does this sound like you? Cool, but can you give and receive creative feedback without ego? Have you spent enough time in the industry to understand that you don’t know it all yet? Are you also generally pretty cool, nice to dogs and other humans? Okay then, continue reading.
- A couple years of experience in an agency or brand design team
- An online portfolio showcasing experience designing for the web and/or mobile platforms
- Technical proficiency: Ability to run the creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.) like a boss
- Capacity for conceptual design thinking: Ability to read a creative brief and independently come up with visual solutions
- Nimbleness: On any given day, you will bounce between clients and mediums (social media, digital advertising, web & mobile development, and email), and you’re not just okay with that – you’re excited about it
- Ability to speak about your work and advocate for your design decisions
- Ability to collaborate with other designers and developers
- Ability to collaborate across teams with brand and account strategists
- Ability to deal with an ‘occasional’ unreasonable/uninformed request and find solutions
- Ability to follow existing structures/processes/workflows
- Experience creating visual content for social media on popular social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc)
- Experience building paid media ad sets for various platforms (Adwords, Facebook, etc.)
- Experience designing responsive web interfaces & ability to translate wireframes into finished design
- Experience working within the constraints of brand guidelines
- An understanding of basic marketing goals, principles and campaign work
- Not bothered by dogs, Spotify, free snacks, and the occasional adult beverage in the office
Stuff you’ll be doing
- Collaborating with strategists, designers and developers to create clever, effective & beautiful things for screens
- Being awesome
Stuff you WON’T be doing
- Being bored
- Managing fragile egos, your own or those of design leaders at Vert
- You can wield a camera, and art-direct a beautiful photo, in our ‘insta-studio’ or on-site
- You can write a few lines of code. Maybe you even built your own website (no, Squarespace doesn’t count here)
- You like animating things and have messed around in After Effects
- You have dabbled in HTML5 banner ad design with GWD or similar
- You know a few kick ass design tools to make your life (and ours) a bit easier and more fun
Compensation: Based on experience
Commitment: Full-time, salary + benefits
Don’t judge a book by it’s cover (as hard as that is). The work here and the website itself does not represent the creative that we produce. Hiring of our amazing, talented and shiny new Digital Designer (maybe you) will give us the time to fix this, with their help.