Do you love a beautifully designed interface, and hate the idea of handing your mockup over to another developer who presumably wouldn’t build it with the same nuance that you would? Do you love typography and have strong opinions on line height? Have you spent more than an hour adjusting a single transition and believe that there is HUGE difference between .3s and .35s? This may be your gig.
The recipe for a successful Front-End Designer @Vert is: One part front-end developer, one part graphic designer, one part information architect, one part animator and a dash of awesome. Do you have most of these ingredients? Want to learn the rest?
MUST HAVE skills:
- Deep knowledge Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, etc.. )
- Know how to think creatively AND analytically
- Know how to balance multiple projects at once
- Are proactive and eager to learn
- Are a team player, with the ability to work independently
- Are passionate about mobile and digital technology
- Not bothered by dogs, Pandora, free snacks, and the occasional adult beverage in the office
- Will ask questions and enjoy collaborating with other designers and developers.
Stuff you’d be doing:
- Assisting Lead Developer and Creative Lead on day-to-day tasks and projects.
- Assisting in strategy, IA, design and prototyping/wireframing new projects
- Assisting with researching and experimenting with frameworks and open source libraries as solutions for projects
- Creating and updating digital creative
- Keeping abreast of relevant industry news, and deliver a weekly report to internal team
- Proactively participating in Vert’s social communication: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, WordPress (blog)
Bonus points for:
- PHP and/or WordPress development experience
- After Effects, Premier experience and/or other video/animation skills
- Email development experience
- Being cool with using command line
Compensation: Negotiable based on experience and working arrangementApply Now