Are you a world-class storyteller? Got a knack for writing captions and status updates? Know exactly which Instagram filter gets you the most likes and comments? Let’s talk!
We’re looking for a Digital Content Intern to join the Vert team part-time beginning in Spring 2017.
Here’s the scoop:
You already know that social media is a powerful communication channel. It has the power to build (or destroy) relationships, alter worldviews, create experiences, and inspire change. The crazy thing? This is just as true for brands as it is for you, me and Kim Kardashian.
As Vert’s Digital Content Intern, you’ll adapt your storytelling prowess to the digital realm, where we’re using social media to build personal connections between brands and consumers. Every brand has a unique voice and point of view, and every human being has unique interests, behaviors, hopes and dreams.
You’ll help us strengthen our clients’ narratives on social and digital networks by digging into data and insights to get to know their audiences. You’ll also bring our social and digital content strategies to life by combining words and images to create strong, visual messages that resonate with consumers.
Our ideal internship candidate will:
- Be an imaginative creator, a fast learner, an innovative risk-taker, and a great storyteller
- Take pride in her (or his) writing and grammar skills know exactly how many commas are missing from this sentence and feel a tad distracted because of it
- Be well-versed in a wide variety of social media networks, including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Tumblr, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram (just to name a few)
- Have a basic understanding of photo editing and/or graphic design software and techniques – you don’t need to be able to design a logo from scratch, but maybe you’ve Photoshopped your friends’ heads onto a litter of puppies (and have certainly resized and edited images)
- Be able to interpret the math, numbers and data that exist behind the scenes of every well-written post
- Love building relationships, connecting dots, and creating digital communities
- Have great organizational skills and attention to detail
- Be a team player, with the ability to work independently
- Be able to balance multiple projects at once
- Have a thirst for knowledge, especially when it comes to mobile and digital technology
- Ask questions! The ability to communicate effectively is key.
While this position will certainly include plenty of content creation, you’ll also have the opportunity to get a first-hand look at some of the things we do outside of the social media realm. Experience and/or interest in graphic design is a huge plus! You may also gain experience in digital media/advertising, web & mobile development, and overall account strategy.
This is a part-time paid position. Compensation is negotiable and dependent on experience.Apply Now