Are you a strong writer with a knack for crafting compelling messages? Can you turn a complex idea into a clear, succinct headline without breaking a sweat? Read on – Vert is searching for a skilled copywriter to join our team in a part-time, contract capacity.
In this role, you’ll work with strategists and designers to tell our clients’ stories and drive their business goals. Our ideal candidate has experience writing for a variety of platforms/channels and across a multitude of industry verticals. They take an audience-first approach to writing, always prioritizing what the user wants to hear over what they (or the client) wants to say.
You’ll be writing copy for display ads, paid social, paid search, email, and web. You should have demonstrated experience working in 2 or more of these channels to serve both awareness and performance/conversion goals. Bonus points if you’ve collaborated with designers and developers, and if you’ve worked with brands in the real estate, medical, and/or consumer technology spaces.
This person will be responsible for:
- Writing copy and content for paid media channels (display, social, search, native), email, and web
- Taking an insights-based, audience-first approach to copywriting (interpreting brand guidelines and doing some light industry/audience research to influence the work as needed)
- Thinking strategically and providing rationale for creative decisions
- Taking creative direction from agency strategists, creatives, and clients
- Collaborating with designers to ensure cohesive deliverables that tell a story and drive goals
This person must have a(n):
- Portfolio of work examples that demonstrate experience and skills writing for digital channels
- Strong working knowledge of digital marketing and advertising, recent trends, and best practices
- Excellent handle on spelling and grammar
- Understanding of agency relationships and collaborative processes, with the ability and willingness to be flexible, take feedback, and occasionally accommodate quick turnaround times
This is an opportunity to be a “fractional” Vertbag who gets to be an integrated and important part of our growing creative practice – but maintains personal flexibility as an external freelancer. This role will be needed for as much as 20 hours per week on a very regular basis, and the opportunity to grow this into a full-time, salary + benefits role is high if that’s something that interests you. We’re looking for a partner who thinks long-term and is excited about steady & sustainable growth with a leading independent digital shop. This is a “first-floor” opportunity with a fast-growing team. If that sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!