US: An accomplished creative team of illustrators, animators, photographers, conceptual thinkers, and generally badass designers (if we do say so ourselves) looking to grow.
YOU: A young budding designer who bleeds #ff000 and has an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. Someone whose Instagram feed is slowly being taken over by artists, creators, and brands who make cool sh*t. You’ve got an eye for design and you aren’t afraid to ask the hard questions.
As a Digital Design Intern at Vert, you’ll be in the trenches with us, helping to create everything from social posts to websites. A spirit of collaboration will be necessary as you’ll be working closely with other members of the Design team and the Digital Brand Strategy team to create deliverables that are on-brand as well as creatively exciting for both the client and target audience. Some of the things you’ll be working on include creative concepting, social feed and story posts, paid media campaigns, email campaigns, websites, photo editing, and that’s just the beginning.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, a killer collaborator, and an innovator at heart. We need someone who can find solutions to creative problems and has a growing portfolio of projects to back it up. They need to be proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator, and some knowledge of Sketch and After Effects is preferred. Ideally, our candidate also has previous internship experience and is looking for an internship with a high potential to turn full-time.
- Previous internship experience preferred
- Ability to work 25-30 hours per week
- A portfolio of work showcasing a basic knowledge of design principles including color theory, typography, hierarchy, and digital
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, experience in After Effects or Sketch is a bonus
- Illustration, photography, videography or animation skills are a plus
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- An unquenchable thirst for knowledge, willingness to learn, and the ability to apply new concepts in a fast-paced environment
- Proactivity and a willingness to ask questions and seek out feedback
- Ability to take direction and speak to the decisions behind your work
- Collaborate with other Design team and/or Digital Brand Strategy team members on a wide range of deliverables including social feed and story posts, paid media campaigns, email campaigns, websites, infographics, and the occasional print project
- Produce work that is innovative while still being on-brand
- Ideate and conceptualize creative solutions that are on-goal and on-brand, according to a creative brief
- Interpret complex ideas and produce a creative deliverable that accomplishes the goals of the client
- Edit and manipulate photo and video assets
- Create icon sets
- Create and review/refine deck presentations in PowerPoint or Google Slides
- Have an ongoing knowledge of industry trends and pop culture