Vert is looking for a storyteller who loves to breathe life into “flat” ideas through video and/or animation to join our Creative team as a Digital Marketing Designer. We’re looking for someone who can both capture and edit imagery-based content, has an eye for layouts, and dreams in scripts, snippets and storyboards.
In this role you will create content to suit a wide variety of clients, channels, formats, and goals. A spirit of collaboration will be necessary as you’ll be working closely with other members of our Creative team to create deliverables that are on-brand as well as creatively exciting for both the client and target audience.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, a killer collaborator, and an innovator at heart. We need someone who loves to come up with goal-driven creative solutions and has a growing portfolio of projects to back it up.
You must be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and After Effects. Some knowledge of Sketch and/or Invision is a plus. Ideally, you also have 2+ years of experience (and yes, internships count) doing video production, graphic design, and/or photography work for digital marketing and advertising channels (ads, social, email, web).
This person will:
- Expertly and efficiently edit engaging, effective, story-driven video content for a variety of audiences, channels, and clients
- Turn creative briefs and raw footage into storyboards, rough cuts, and ultimately pixel-perfect content
- Ideate and conceptualize creative solutions that are on-goal, on-brand, and strategically sound
- Collaborate with other team members on a wide range of brand and performance marketing deliverables including social feed and story posts; banner, native, out-of-home, and CTV ads; web & landing page designs and content; as well as the occasional print project
- Proactively and persuasively provide rationale for creative decisions to agency and client teams
- Create and review/refine deck presentations
- Demonstrate and build upon an ongoing knowledge of and interest in industry trends, pop culture, and “what’s next” on digital channels
- Understand and uphold Vert’s core values
This person must have:
- 2+ years of demonstrated work experience (internships count, school projects do not) in a marketing, advertising, or agency setting
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite with an emphasis in Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Familiarity with video editing concepts and motion graphics for social media, digital ads (banners, native, YouTube, CTV), and landing pages
- Understanding of paid media/social media ad networks and creative best practices for them, especially vertical video-first platforms and placements like TikTok, Snapchat, and Instagram Reels
- Demonstrated skills using/creating keyframes, easing, motion graphics, animating text, writing expressions, track mattes, and other visual effects
- Color correction/grading proficiency
- Audio mixing experience
- A portfolio of work showcasing a basic knowledge of design principles including color theory, typography, hierarchy, and digital proficiency
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- An unquenchable thirst for knowledge, willingness to learn, and the ability to apply new concepts in a fast-paced environment
- Proactivity and a willingness to ask questions and seek out feedback
- Ability to take direction and speak to the decisions behind your work
- Bonus qualifications that are not required but would be helpful include:
- Experience in Sketch and/or Invision
- Illustration, copywriting, or other complementary marketing/advertising skills and experience
The salary range for this role is $46,000-60,000 per year.
Vertbag Perks & Benefits
Join an award-winning team, named one of Atlanta’s Best & Brightest places to work, and 6-time honorees of both the Inc. 5000 & UGA Bulldog 100 list of the fastest-growing companies in America.
- A hybrid work model: We have an Atlanta-based office we love, but how and when you use it is largely employee-guided, and this role may be fully remote for the right candidate
- Profit-sharing bonuses
- No pre-set vacation or PTO limitations
- Monthly WFH/Office hybrid expense stipend
- Continuing education fund & scholarship program
- Competitive employer-contributed Health Insurance + 401(K)
- Paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office along Zonolite Park in Atlanta’s Morningside neighborhood
- A vibrant, non-competitive, friendly & respectful culture and environment