We’re looking for a creative, collaborative marketer to bring fresh ideas and new ways of thinking about audiences, targeting, and messaging to our team and clients as the leader of our Strategy team.
At Vert, strategic planning sits squarely at the intersection of data and creativity. Our Strategy team owns cross-channel research, insights, analysis, and ideation, and is responsible for partnering with subject matter experts to build strong foundations for the cohesive, audience-first execution of deliverables for our clients.
This could be you if:
- You’re constantly thinking about the human on the other side of the screen, and know that what they need to hear is generally more important than what the Capital-B Brand wants to say
- You’re a pro at data-driven storytelling, turning reports and insights into strategic ideas without breaking a sweat (okay, a little sweat is understandable)
- You’re excellent at providing direction and pride yourself on your ability to write a killer creative brief
In this position, you’ll develop, implement, and iterate on strategic planning initiatives across a range of clients and industry verticals. You’ll collaborate with others to brainstorm, organize, and breathe life into campaign and messaging strategies. Additionally, you’ll be charged with consistently and proactively bringing fresh ideas to the table to shake up who we target and how we engage an audience to drive business goals. We call this shifting the status quo, and it’s essential to delivering best-in-class digital brand strategy work.
This person will be responsible for:
- Leveraging a deep understanding of brand strategy and digital marketing to effectively build and implement strategic plans across digital channels
- Providing strategic direction to creatives and specialists for the execution of goal-oriented, audience-first deliverables
- Partnering with subject matter experts from Vert’s Media, CRM/Email, and Interactive teams to oversee the application of strategic insights and plans to individual tactics and channels
- Owning platforms and processes (audience, competitive, publishing) for research, analysis, and engagement
- Developing audits and recommendations to serve as brand strategy roadmaps for clients’ marketing and business initiatives
- Leading brand and audience strategy discussions internally and with clients
- Managing the growth, development, bandwidth, and contributions of Strategy team members through direct supervision
- Proactively seeking out feedback and opportunities to learn and grow, with an entrepreneurial, self-motivated mindset
- 5+ years of relevant work experience planning and activating omnichannel digital strategies for consumer brands
- Experience working with creative teams on cohesive, thoughtful design and copy
- Demonstrated understanding of paid digital media platforms, creative best practices, and targeting capabilities
- Strong understanding of the data and analytics behind a digital strategy, with the ability to draw conclusions and provide strategic recommendations based on insights
- A love for testing, with a relentless drive to try, learn, and optimize
- Ability to clearly and concisely explain and advocate for the team’s work in meetings and presentations
- Demonstrated leadership experience with a track record of success managing and guiding other individuals
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly with regard to both communication and brand-level details
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Proactivity and a willingness to ask questions and seek out feedback
The salary for this position is dependent upon candidate experience, $75,000+/year.
If you are excited about this role but don’t have all of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply! We hire people, not resumes, and don’t want one line in a job description to prevent us from finding an awesome addition to our team.
Vertbag Perks & Benefits
Join an award-winning team, named one of Atlanta’s Best & Brightest places to work, and 6 time honorees of both the Inc. 5000 & UGA Bulldog 100 list of the fastest growing companies in America.
- A hybrid work model: We have an Atlanta-based office we love, but how and when you use it is largely employee-guided, and this role may be fully remote for the right candidate
- Profit-sharing bonuses
- No pre-set vacation or PTO limitations
- Monthly WFH/Office hybrid expense stipend
- Continuing education fund & scholarship program
- Competitive employer-contributed Health Insurance + 401(K)
- Paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office along Zonolite Park in Atlanta’s Morningside neighborhood
- A vibrant, non-competitive, friendly & respectful culture and environment