Are you an excellent storyteller with an opinion on the Oxford comma and a passion for digital? We are searching for a budding copywriter to join our creative team!
It’s no secret that copy can inform, persuade, and influence audiences. At Vert, we use copy in our digital projects to tell stories and drive conversions. Copy is the pulse of our creative that weaves together sentiment and strategy in a tactful manner; it’s both the sparkle and substance that teaches our audiences how to take action and engage with our campaigns, and it takes forms such as subject lines, headlines, blogs, social copy, and the occasional job description like this one (if you couldn’t tell).
As our Junior Copywriter, you will live in the crossroads of creative and strategy, working alongside our Digital Brand Strategy and Digital Design teams to develop compelling copy and messaging concepts for a variety of digital projects. You’ll apply your craft to landing pages, search and social ads, emails, banners, articles, and other digital formats. You’ll also be responsible for working with other functional teams to proofread and edit projects for spelling and grammar, brainstorm new messaging concepts, and develop testing strategies.
Our ideal candidate is highly-organized, self-motivated, and a stellar collaborator. We need someone who can find solutions to creative problems and has a growing portfolio of projects to back it up. Ideally, our candidate also has 6 months to a year of experience in a digital marketing agency or related environment.
Requirements / Skill Sets:
- 6 months to a year of experience writing copy in a digital agency or related setting
- Be an imaginative creator, a fast learner, an innovative risk-taker, and a great storyteller
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced writing and grammar skills with a strong editorial eye
- Working knowledge of ad copy best practices for paid and organic social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest), paid search platforms (Google, Bing), and programmatic
- Experience working with creative teams on asset coordination
- Be a positive team player, with the ability to work independently
- Be able to balance multiple projects at once
- Possess the ability to work in a high-volume, rapidly-paced environment
- Have a thirst for knowledge, especially when it comes to mobile and digital technology
- Write content and copy for a variety of digital platforms and placements, leveraging best practices
- Understand and apply brand guidelines
- Proactively seek out, analyze, and leverage audience insights
- Present and provide creative rationale to internal teams or clients
- Collaborate with digital designers and brand and media planners to effectively execute content strategies
- Manage 1:1 consumer interactions on behalf of brands, including social community management
- Actively, thoughtfully, and respectively participate in brainstorms
- Maintain high-quality standards throughout all assigned projects by ensuring work is consistently QAed
Compensation: Based on experience
Commitment: Full-Time Salary