Vert is on the lookout for a new Search Coordinator (SEM/SEO) to fuel our growing Paid Search and Search Engine Optimization teams. Our clients are looking to use keyword-driven intent to maximize their ROI or Return on Ad Spend on search. This role will focus on the blend between paid and organic search to ensure we are positioning our clients in the best possible way across numerous search engines. The role will report directly to the Performance Media Specialist with added visibility from the SEO Specialist.
The ideal person would be a self-motivated, entrepreneurial leader who loves Google, Bing, Amazon, and gets excited about presenting new ideas to clients, colleagues, and partners. You must be passionate about working and growing with a small, growing agency. An ideal candidate would have a track record of expertise in the digital space, preferably with agency experience in Paid Search, PPC, SEO, or other paid digital media efforts. In addition to relevant experience, this individual should have an insatiable desire to learn and explore emerging trends in digital marketing & advertising.
SEM Responsibilities include:
- Ideating, planning & targeting digital media campaigns across primary search engines (Google, Bing, and Amazon)
- Researching keyword trends via Google Keyword Planner, Google Trends and competitive tools such as SEMRush within each respective client to identify potential for expansion
- Trafficking and setting up paid search campaigns directly within engines, through Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, Google Ads Editor, Microsoft Ads Editor, and Kenshoo
- Optimizing paid search campaigns through bid modifications, pacing adjustments, search term reporting, and keyword changes
- Managing budget governance and pacing throughout numerous campaigns across multiple clients
- Maintaining expertise in emerging digital trends and technologies via blogs, events, and conferences
- Coordinating with Vert’s analytics team to build and analyze comprehensive reporting dashboards within Google Data Studio
- Analyzing results & activity from media messages (clicks, likes, comments, impressions, conversions, etc)
- Working with Digital Media Planners, Strategists, and others to plan campaigns, pace media budgets, optimize efforts, etc.
SEO Responsibilities include:
- Compiling organic search reports for clients using Moz, Google Search Console, SEMRush, Google Data Studio, and Google Analytics
- Coordinating with SEO Specialist to build comprehensive audits of websites
- Providing strategic recommendations (content, technical, link strategies, & more) to improve the SEO friendliness of our clients’ web destinations
- Researching and exploring keywords, trends, insights, etc.
- Analyzing, editing, optimizing and altering title tags and meta descriptions, website content optimizations, and structured data enhancements to ensure maximum search engine friendliness
Requirements / Skill Sets:
- 1-2+ years of tangible digital marketing/advertising experience, preferably in an agency setting. Hands-on experience in Paid Search, PPC, and/or SEO is preferred.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with digital reporting & analysis tools, advertising platforms (Google, Bing, Moz, etc.), and other messaging vehicles/sites/platforms
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrated ability to eloquently explain complex ideas in a few written words
- Very organized, naturally motivated and self-directed with demonstrated leadership among peers
- Experience working with Kenshoo/Marin/Acquisio/Search Ads 360 and Amazon Advertising is a big plus!
- Experience implementing structured data is a big plus!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and Google’s stack of marketing tools
- Strong understanding of the data and analytics behind digital brand messaging and drawing conclusions
- Passionate about networking, relationship building and working with different disciplines across the agency (Account Strategy, Brand Strategy, Creative, Development, Analytics, and New Business)
- Strong time management skills with the ability to harness the power of Apple products (Macs)
Additional Notes: This is a full-time position (salary + benefits) based out of our Atlanta office. We’re currently working remotely and expect some or all of this individual’s onboarding to occur remotely, but the position will likely require at least a part-time presence at Vert HQ in the future, so applicants should be based in or willing to relocate to Atlanta.