Are you a mega-organized SEO whiz who loves helping clients to achieve their business goals, optimize their websites, and improve their overall digital presence to obtain their most successful year to date? Do you enjoy brainstorming quick wins and SEO strategies to help enterprise brands succeed in organic search?
Vert is searching for a highly organized, proactive SEO Specialist to support our quickly growing Search Engine Optimization team. This person will support Vert’s functional teams, working to deliver best-in-class SEO audits, recommendations, insights, and strategic implementation to drive business goals across a variety of client/industry verticals.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, humble expert who loves Google, Bing, Amazon, and all search engines, and gets excited about presenting new ideas to clients, colleagues, and partners. You have a track record of expertise in the digital space, preferably with agency experience in SEO or helping with all facets of digital marketing. In addition to relevant experience, you have an insatiable desire to learn and explore emerging trends in digital marketing & advertising and are passionate about working and growing in a small, growing agency.
This person will be responsible for:
- Compiling organic search reports for clients using Moz, Google Search Console, SEMRush, Google Data Studio, and Google Analytics
- Utilizing industry knowledge to complete SEO audits on overall site performance including but not limited to on-site performance, content strategy, backlinking analysis, technical audits, structural recommendations, and local enhancements
- Providing strategic recommendations (content, technical, link strategies, & more) to improve the SEO friendliness of our clients’ websites
- Analyzing, editing, optimizing and altering title tags and meta descriptions, website content optimizations, and structured data enhancements to ensure maximum search engine friendliness
- Providing on-page SEO recommendations and completing these implementations on CMS platforms such as WordPress
This person must have:
- Thorough knowledge and comfort level using SEMRush and/or Moz
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, WordPress, Yoast and/or RankMath
- Strong understanding of SEO, recent trends, and algorithm updates as well as keywords research, content, and technical SEO strategies
- Experience completing SEO audits
- Strong experience with technical audits and conveying needed changes/updates to both technical and non-technical teams
- Knowledge of Core Web Vitals and preferably troubleshooting experience with development teams
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrated ability to eloquently explain complex ideas in a few written words
- Strong time management skills, as well as be very organized, naturally motivated and self-directed
- 2-3+ years of tangible digital marketing and SEO experience, preferably in an agency setting.
- Ability to utilize tools for keyword research, reporting, site crawls, and technical audits
- Proven skills to complete a link audit to identify opportunities and optimizations in site structure
- Experience completing backlink audits
- Providing advice and brainstorming new strategies during the pitch process
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with digital reporting, analysis, and webmaster tools (Google, Bing, Moz, etc.), and other messaging vehicles/sites/platforms
- Strong understanding of the data and analytics behind digital brand messaging and drawing conclusions
- Passionate about building relationships both internally and externally, as well as working with different disciplines across the agency (Account Strategy, Brand Strategy, Creative, Development, Analytics, and New Business)
- Experience in these areas is a plus but not essential: implementing structured data, fixing core web vitals issues, and Amazon Advertising
- Also helpful would be experience writing schema markup or structured data, as well as having an understanding of how these entities help a website to improve their rankings. This individual will be responsible for communicating this information to the client on both technical and non-technical teams.
Vertbag Perks & Benefits
Join an award-winning team, named one of Atlanta’s Best & Brightest places to work, and 6-time honorees of both the Inc. 5000 & UGA Bulldog 100 list of the fastest-growing companies in America.
- A hybrid work model: We have an Atlanta-based office we love, but how and when you use it is largely employee-guided, and this role may be fully remote for the right candidate
- Profit-sharing bonuses
- No pre-set vacation or PTO limitations
- Monthly WFH/Office hybrid expense stipend
- Continuing education fund & scholarship program
- Competitive employer-contributed Health Insurance + 401(K)
- Paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office along Zonolite Park in Atlanta’s Morningside neighborhood
- A vibrant, non-competitive, friendly & respectful culture and environment