Are you a mega-organized SEO whiz who loves helping clients to achieve their business goals, optimize their websites, and improve their overall digital presence to obtain their most successful year to date? Do you enjoy brainstorming quick wins and SEO strategies to help enterprise brands succeed in organic search?
Vert is searching for a highly organized, self-motivated SEO Specialist to support our Search Engine Optimization team in a part-time, contract capacity. This person will support Vert’s functional teams, working to deliver best-in class SEO audits, recommendations, and strategic implementation to drive business goals across a variety of client/industry verticals.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, detail-oriented, team player who understands all of the ins and outs of search engine optimization and loves all things Google, Bing, and Amazon. You should also have a proven track record of expertise in the digital and SEO space.
This person will be responsible for:
- Extensive knowledge of the SEO industry and be used to helping with updates such as core web vitals
- Utilizing industry knowledge to complete SEO Audits on overall site performance including but not limited to on-site performance, content strategy, backlinking analysis, technical audits, structural recommendations, and local enhancements
- Background providing on-page SEO recommendations and completing these implementations on CMS platforms such as WordPress
- Completing technical audits and prioritizing technical issues for internal or external development teams to implement
- Experience writing schema markup or structured data as well as having an understanding of how these entities help a website to improve their rankings
- Ability to utilize tools for keyword research, reporting, and technical audits
- Proven skills to complete a link audit to identify opportunities and optimizations in site structure
- Experience completing backlink audits and providing advice during the pitch process
This person must have a:
- Thorough knowledge and comfort level using SEMRush and/or Moz
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Search Console, & Bing Webmaster Tools
- Strong understanding of industry, recent trends, and algorithm updates
- Strong understanding of keywords research, content, and technical SEO strategies
- Experience completing SEO audits
- Strong experience with technical audits and conveying needed changes/updates to both technical and non-technical teams
- Knowledge of Core Web Vitals and preferably troubleshooting experience with development teams
- Knowledge of Google Sheets and Docs for active collaboration with client and internal Vert team
- Ability to write structured data in JSON-LD is a plus!
This is an opportunity to be a “fractional #Vertbag” who gets to be an integrated and important part of our growing SEO practice – but maintains personal flexibility as an external freelancer. This role will be needed for as much as 20 hours per week on a very regular basis, and the opportunity to grow this into a full-time, salary + benefits role is high if that’s something that interests you. The focus here is on a highly technical, strategic partner who thinks long-term and is excited about steady & sustainable growth with a leading independent digital shop. This is a “first-floor” opportunity with a fast-growing team. If that fits you, don’t be shy!