Vert works across a wide range of clients and industries; however, multi-location brick and mortar SEO experience is a plus. You will collaborate with our Digital Media, Analytics & CRM, and Digital Account Strategy teams to help ensure that projects are delivered in full and on time from inception to completion.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, experienced SEO who loves to be hands-on and enjoys sharing their expertise and recommendations with clients. S/he should be excited about working and growing with a small agency, and should have a track record of expertise in the digital space, preferably with agency experience in SEO and familiarity with paid search, content creation, and other digital channels. S/he has an insatiable desire to learn and explore emerging technology trends, and will be confident in their ability to make a statement regarding the direction of the digital space.
- Analyzing client websites for areas that can be improved and optimized for organic search
- Compiling SEO audits and preparing detailed strategic recommendations and reports
- Recommending changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Performing ongoing keyword research including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities
- Optimizing copy and landing pages for search engine optimization
- Recommending link building strategies for implementation
- Maintaining expertise in emerging digital trends and technologies via blogs, events, and conferences
- Compiling comprehensive ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual SEO reports for clients
- Analyzing results & activity for organic web performance by leveraging Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel pivot tables, Google Data Studio dashboards, custom reports, etc.
Requirements / Skill Sets:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field with 1-2 years of digital marketing experience
- Very organized, naturally motivated and self-directed with demonstrated leadership among peers
- Prior experience in content marketing, content growth, and SEO
- Demonstrated hands-on experience creating and analyzing SEO audits from the ground up
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Keyword Planner, Moz, SEMRush, Spyfu, and/or other tools
- Lover of data, reviewing data, harnessing data and making strategic recommendations based on data
- Strong understanding of the data and analytics behind search engine optimization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Open Office, Google Apps, and other online platforms
- Strong time management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and critical thinking skills
- WordPress experience is a plus
- Familiarity with HTML is a plus